Who are our breastfeeding peer-support volunteers?
More than 200 experienced and trained volunteers offer peer-support with Nourri-Source Montreal to mentor, encourage and equip mothers and their families.
- They are volunteer mothers who are breastfeeding or have breastfed in the past.
- They have received breastfeeding and counselling training from Nourri-Source Montreal
- They participate in ongoing training on breastfeeding.
- A significant number of our mentors have the ability to communicate in a language other than French or English (German, Arabic, Cantonese Chinese, Creole, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Vietnamese, etc.).
What services do they offer?
Most of the support provided by the breastfeeding mentors is done by telephone. This allows for -
- A listening ear that is tailored to your needs, for as long as you want it.
- Continuous support by phone before the birth and until weaning, which is adapted to your schedule and determined with your lactation consultant.
- Answers to your questions and encouragement when needed.
Whenever possible, mentors are present at infant clinics in CLSCs on the Island of Montreal as well as at various breastfeeding drop-in centers in CLSCs or community organizations. Talk to your breastfeeding coach to find out about in-person support and the resources available in your area.
In order to be continuously improving our activities and services, we appreciate the comments, testimonies, dissatisfaction, ideas and suggestions of all kinds.
Thank you in advance for your comment!